This is a repeating eventoctober 3, 2020 10:00 am
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 11:00 am PST
Sep 26-Dec 12, 2020 (no classes on Oct 30, 2020) Your child has never played chess, or knows just basic moves and rules. We'll have the first introduction session before regular classes
Sep 26-Dec 12, 2020 (no classes on Oct 30, 2020)
Your child has never played chess, or knows just basic moves and rules.
We’ll have the first introduction session before regular classes start, when Konstantin will assign kids to different levels (if you are not sure which group to choose), shows routines and introduce how to turn software we’re going to use. This session is free.
- Chess board. Coordinates
- Chess pieces. Rook, Queen, King, Bishop, Pawn, Knight
- Special moves: The castling, en passant
- The pieces relative values
- Check, Checkmate and Stalemate. Draw.
- Three stages of game: Chess opening, Middle game and Endgame
- Endgame: Checkmate by two Queens
- The principals of chess opening
- Endgame: Checkmate by Queen and Rook
- The fork and pin
- Opposite-side castling
- Endgame: Checkmate by two Rooks
- Opening: Four-moves-mate
- Endgame: Checkmate by King and Queen
- Time-management. Chess clock.
- Endgame: Checkmate by King and Rook
Sign up for the class
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
october 3, 2020 10:00 amoctober 10, 2020 10:00 amoctober 17, 2020 10:00 amoctober 24, 2020 10:00 amoctober 31, 2020 10:00 amnovember 7, 2020 10:00 amnovember 14, 2020 10:00 amnovember 21, 2020 10:00 amnovember 28, 2020 10:00 amdecember 5, 2020 10:00 am